This session will be a combination of lecture style modules and group activities.
The session will cover:
- Why it is important to design quantitative research carefully (and understand the limits of what it can do)
- The relationship between interviewing mode and sampling and use of mixed modes
- Different types of sampling and when are they appropriate; how to determine a sample size; how sample size affects confidence intervals
- Reasons to weight data and differences between non-response (profile) and design weights
- Balancing large samples and representative samples
The course will be run by Rioch Brewer (Associate Director, Statistician) and Trevor Vagg (Director) from Kantar Media. The combination of statistician and researcher enables us to achieve a good balance between explaining the theory and helping you to understand what it means for a researcher.
The cost for non-members includes MRG membership for 1 year.
If you'd like to attend please use the new website to book the event. You'll need to:
- Log in as a guest or an MRG Member (to log in as a member enter your email address on the login page, and click 'forgotten your password?')
- For members, once your temoporary password is emailed to you, log in with this (you can then set your password to one you'll remember)
- Come back to this page and go through the booking process on the top right
- An e-ticket will then be emailed to all delegates